12th April, 2012 - Posted by Natasha - No Comments
Choosing the right dress for your bridesmaids might be just as hard as finding the perfect gown for you. You want to make sure you find the perfect dress so no stress is put on your bridesmaids; you also want to make sure that everybody looks good and feels comfortable wearing the dress. Here are some tips for finding the perfect bridesmaid dress:
- Remain a best friend- The worst thing that you could possibly do is ask your best friends to be a part of your big day and then turn them into fashion victims. Do not choose a dress that is hideous and nobody would wear just so you will stand out and look better, and don’t choose colours or dresses that will make your bridesmaids look heavy or non-attractive.
- Choose the right style- You want to make sure the bridesmaid dresses complement your wedding gown, so take your time when you are choosing the right ones. Find a feel that is similar to your wedding gown but doesn’t look similar, you want to make sure that you do stand out.
- Small, Medium, Large- You have to keep in mind that one size DOESN’T fit all, find a style that flatters all types of sizes and body shapes. You don’t want anyone feeling uncomfortable wearing a dress that looks like its a size smaller for them. Keep in mind: A-line dresses and empire waists look good on most body types.
- Colour- Choose colours that you think will look good on your bridesmaids, keep in mind their skin tones and hair colours. Fairer complexion ladies will look good in pastel hues, however, darker complexions will not.
- Re-use: You want to make sure you find the perfect bridesmaid dress that your friends can wear again, nothing is worse than spending money on a hideous dress that you wouldn’t be caught in again.
- Money is a thing: Remember when you are searching for a bridesmaid dress to take into consideration everybody’s budgets. Sometimes people can’t afford to spend $500.00 on a dress. Make sure you discuss with your bridesmaids what they feel comfortable spending, unless you would like to cover the cost of their dresses.
- Take them along: Invite a few bridesmaids or just your maid of honour to go bridesmaid shopping with you, and extra opinion will be very helpful. Try not to invite everyone at once as it will become more stressful and harder to make a decision. Why not search for dresses that you favour prior, and send out some pictures to your bridesmaids to gain their opinions.
- Help!!!: Don’t try to control the whole thing yourself and turn into a bridezilla. Ask your maid of honour to help you be in charge of organizing this purchase. Have her get everybody’s opinions and write it all down on a list, incorporating sizes and colours that will flatter each girl.
Make sure through this whole process you are remaining calm and having fun. After all these are your best friends and you choose them to be a part of your day for a reason.