5th May, 2012 - Posted by Lia - No Comments
You Ain’t got a Thing if you Ain’t got some Bling.
Flowers, lace, music, glitz and glam; these are the things a fairy-tale wedding are made of. Oh, and don’t forget the bling!
Bling-the word for anything shiny and eye-catching; the perfect compliments to a day already filled with beauty. And the best part? It doesn’t cost much to get the bling-effect many brides want.
For the ceremony, consider filling the stage or area where the bride and groom will say their vows with ‘oceans’ of tulle that has been a) sprayed with gold or silver glitter b) sprinkled with sequins of silver or gold or c) embedded with twinkling lights.
Other stunning effects:
- Having the flower girl sprinkle synthetic white feathers with sequins on them
- Placing an archway at the front of the church for the couple to stand under that has been wrapped in twinkling lights and shimmery fabric
- Use gossamer sprayed with glitter to form a canopy over the bride and groom accented by large gold silk flower arrangements in clear glass or white milk glass vases.
- Fill the church with gold and silver candles which have been placed on mirrors to reflect the light.
- Gold, silver, bronze or jeweled colored dresses for the bridal party are stunning against a background of twinkly lights and/or sequins.
Moving on to the reception…
- Gold or silver table clothes and table service. Why not use both; silver table cloths with gold table service or vice versa.
- Place gold or silver candles on mirrors in the center of each table and sprinkle large ‘crystals’ or ‘gems’ around them.
- Fill the reception hall with twinkling lights, gold and silver balloons and clear glass bowls filled with gold and silver balls.
- Table cloths of shimmery fabric sporting centerpieces of gold or silver flower picks or bowls filled with glittery balls and ‘gems’ swathed in feather boas
Finding the shiny, shimmery décor for your wedding isn’t difficult, either. If possible, shop for these items during the Christmas season when there is an abundance of such items. You can also find unique items on wholesale floral supply websites as well as the popular party supply sites such as orientaltrading.
If you’re thinking less is more when it comes to bling, that’s okay, too. Adding some pizzazz to even the softest of color schemes can be done tastefully; making your day something special to remember.
** Mini Shimmer & Bling Inspiration Board**