30th October, 2010 - Posted by Lia - No Comments
Yes, we know that your wedding is not a time to show off…but a time to celebrate. But who says you can’t show off and wow your guests a little?
1. Photo Booth: A fun added wedding touch that is becoming a huge hit is the photobooth. These can be rented by various vendors, both locally and online. Reserve one for the length of your reception. Here your guests, your bridal party, and you and your new groom can hop in and snap a few funny pictures to keep forever. It’s a great way to have a momento of the special day, and you’re guaranteed quite a few laughs along the way! Visit Photobooth Montreal to have a booth at your next Montreal big event!
2. Have a Killer MC & DJ: Everyone looks forward to hitting the dance floor after you and your guests wine and dine. Find a MC and DJ that are personable, fun, and know how to get guests to interact on the dance floor. Nobody likes to go to a wedding that has guests awkwardly dancing or walking across the dance floor—find someone that will make them stand up, dance, and ENJOY!
3. Original Wedding Favors: We know that these can get a bit pricey but there are plenty of ways to WOW your guests with your tiny favors they get to take home. How about 99 cent flip flops in your wedding colors? Simple, cheap, but original. Check out Nadia’s Cookie Boutique : you can personalized cookies with your photo of choice and your guests will have a cute momento of your wedding they can eat and enjoy!
4. Bedazzle them with your Décor: Take the time to budget and find original decorations for your reception. Perhaps you and your fiancé travel a lot, include memories or souvenirs from each trip on each table. High school sweethearts? Place momentos of your years together (like movie stubs, prom tickets, old pictures) on each table. Never underestimate the beauty and importance of light: check out places like IKEA for modern lamps that run under ten bucks to add some extra touches to the reception hall. Chinese lanterns are another affordable option, they’re available in a wide range of colors, sizes, and shapes. For all your decorating needs look no further than Decor & More Gift Shoppe in Montreal.
5. Rock the Dance Floor: We have all seen the YouTube phenomenon of posting the wedding couple and wedding party’s dance routines—why not come up with one of your own? It ALWAYS surprises guests when the newlywed couple begins to dance slow and then breaks out into a funky routine. Meet up with a dance instructor, dance student from a nearby school, or a friend who has dance experience to create special choreography that will leave your guests impressed!
6. Specialty Bars: A “bar” at your wedding doesn’t have to be alcohol related. There are other types that guests enjoy that are original and simple. One of the most popular recently is the candy bar. Set up a long table with specialty candies, bright colored goodies in different sized vases and jars. You can even do some research and find some old time candies to bring back memories. Provide tiny paper bags and silver scoopers so guests can take what they want to enjoy at the wedding or bring it home. Montreal’s KREAVIE creates the cutest sweet tables ever!
7. Interact: A simple gesture that leaves guests feeling touched is when the bride and groom take the time to sit down and enjoy the company of their guests. Many-a-time guests attend a wedding and don’t even get to enjoy visiting with the bride or groom because they are so busy. Take some time to interact with those that came, it will be the most simple, yet the most genuine gesture you can do at your wedding— showing you care will certainly wow them!